The African Adventure begins....


posted by Karra

No comments

Some of you may remember, I recently took part in a competition run by Worldwide Experience to become the ‘Voice of Conservation‘. I was thrilled to receive first place, and have been awarded an all expenses paid trip to spend two months at the Shamwari Game Reserve in South Africa.

I will be leaving for South Africa on the 27th of September. Here I will be involved with tracking and monitoring the wildlife, which includes the big 5, general maintenance of the reserve, assisting the team hands on at the Shamwari wildlife center, and also helping at the Born Free big cat sanctuary. During my time there I will be sharing my experiences with the community by carrying out daily blog posts, with exclusive video footage and pictures, live updates via facebook and twitter (@KarraRothery), live video streaming direct from the field, and also running competitions.

My daily blog posts can be followed here: http://www.worldwideexperience.com/blog/

I hope this will not only be an adventure for me, but also an opportunity for those following to gain a greater understanding of conservation and the work carried out from the front line. So make sure you bookmark the blog page! =)

I had an incredible send off, with an African themed fancy dress it was a brilliant turn out. Elephants, leopards, lions, giraffe.......and tigers?!? Haha! My work colleague also gave me the most amazing leaving present, a set of incredible binoculars! I have already been spying on the pigeons out the window....next...big cats! Yippie!







Leave a Reply